Random thoughts that have occurred to me this Sunday evening after spending the weekend in Killarney, Co. Kerry in the south-west of Ireland.
- Too much driving to the Black Valley. It’s not recommended that you drive through the Gap of Dunloe, but I’d like to see any heavily pregnant woman walk those hills!
- Ross Castle is so close to Killarney yet I never knew about it until I saw Brid’s photo at the camera club.
- The Randles Court Hotel is excellent.
- I need to dump stuff to DVD to make way for 3GB of RAW files, bracketing shots suck space.
- It’s great to be away for a few days, but it’s wonderful to get home too.
- Waterproof nappies for the baby might be useful next year. Do they work?
- Most Kerry people we met and all the foreign workers and hotel staff were very nice.
- St. Mary’s Cathedral in Killarney is huge and impressive. It’s like nothing I’ve seen before with bold, bare rocks decorating the columns and walls. I was self-conscious about the click of my camera until I noticed a couple brought their dog into this holy place and stood in front of the alter in admiration, with dog standing behind them.
- Supervalu hotel breaks are great!
- And finally, the proverbial honey glazing on a great weekend: Only 100 spam comments moderated. Over 5,000 caught by Akismet.
You might also like